The Key to getting back on track when you are feeling lost
The truth is by
acknowledging this feeling, accepting that it's there and feeling it, is
the way to get back on track to a full and rich life with direction and
If we try to deny that we are feeling lost, or we are pushing it under the carpet somewhere, we only worsen our predicament. When the emotion of feeling lost is not dealt with in our awareness, it can create and attract scenario's into our lives that pull us even further into the direction of being lost. We have lost our direction and it is then very difficult to get back on track.
No matter how lost you feel and no matter how bad is feels there is one thing that you can always remember, and that is to NEVER GIVE UP.
What is your ideal scenario?
When we were young we all dreamed of accomplishing great things and living a
life of value and purpose. Unfortunately, it is far too easy to allow the
demands and frustrations of daily living to dampen those hopes and squash those
dreams. When this happens we begin to settle for just getting
by. Without a vision, life can be so demanding that it leaves you feeling trapped on an endless merry-go-round that never leads anywhere. We then are feeling lost and want to give up.
Now take one minute... and lets do an exercise that can help greatly when you are feeling lost.
Take a minute and close your eyes.
Think about your ideal scenario for
your life without any limits.
If you could create your version of a deeply satisfying, enjoyable,
meaningful and empowering life experience, what would it look like? What would it feel like? Who else
would be there? Where would you live? What kind of activities would you spend
your time on? What kind of physical, emotional, and financial space would you
Take your time and fill in all the details until the picture looks and feels just
right. In fact, don’t open your eyes until you are really clear on all the
details and can actually feel yourself in the picture.
Now take another minute...
How does that visualized life compare with your current reality? Is it
close? Are you moving toward it, or is the difference like night and day? Write your findings down on paper. Notice how you feel as you are discovering the differences between your current life and ideal life experience. What are you learning?
Now how does your feeling lost relate to this?
The vision is important because it defines our path and gives us something
to move toward and inspiration and ideas on how to get back on track and to never give up.
personal vision of a truly meaningful life always creates greater value
in our personal lives
and the lives of those around us. We are finding ourselves more and more
connected to our true self, and simultaneously we become less self
focused. We start to include more and more the people around us and
giving to others becomes a way of living. Contributing to others is what
gives our lives meaning and a deep sense of fulfillment.
7 Ways to get back on track when you are feeling lost
- Meditate. Meditation is one of the most powerful ways to go within, feel what you have to feel and then move it, get through it to the other side. When you have broken through you will be able to be calm and still in a different way and receive information by asking the right questions. Learning how to meditate is not hard.
- Association. Go talk to a friend that you can trust and will not feel illusory sympathy for you. You want a friend that is not afraid to tell you the truth of what they are perceiving with you. Sometimes an outside perspective can help you get back on track.
- Go into it. Go all the way into the feelings that are there when you are feeling lost. Do not change any of them, feel them all the greatest extent you can feel them. Just be with them. Keep feeling and feeling it. Welcome the feeling of being lost. Keep looking at them. Keep feeling them...till they change. They got to change, and there is nothing more powerful then to feel the feeling all the way to its depth, so there is nothing of it in denial. Powerful transformation and realizations can happen if you can allow yourself to stay with it.
- Take Action. Go do something, anything. Taking action creates movement. It might not change the feeling of being lost right away but that does not matter. Go cycling, walking, swimming, painting, singing or whatever activity you like to do. It can be gardening, washing the car or cleaning the house. Cleaning and tidying the house can be a very energizing activity.
- Giving. The best medicine to get back on track when I am feeling
lost is to go help someone. Go give someone my time, my attention and I
go give of myself. I immerse myself in the giving and pretty soon I
forgot I felt lost. It is most potent and powerful medicine of all. And
whomever is at the receiving end will love it too!
- Journaling. Journaling is a powerful way to let go of things as you write them down and also to gain clarity about what is happening with you that you might not have seen before. You can also look at your life goals/vision and what the steps are to get there.
Then make a plan when you will do one of the steps in the near future.
- Be Inspired. Go see a movie or listen to a song that you know is such an inspiration for you. Or read a book or listen to an inspiring teacher of master. Maybe it inspires you to never give up or it inspires you to get more clarity about your life's vision and how to achieve your goals. Listening to music and watching an inspiring movie can be very powerful and can help you to get back on track.
Never Give Up
Last but actually first, you must never give up. Even if you feel like giving up, especially then... do not give up. It is the very trying that will help you succeed.
Never give up is a quality. If you have it, if you apply it and always keep trying, guaranteed you will succeed.
Here are words from Michael Jordan re. his success:
I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career.
I've lost almost 300 games.
26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed.
I've failed over and over and over again in my life.
And that is why I succeed.
back-to-top of Are you Feeling Lost?